WWOOF is the acronym for World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms.
WWOOF Cyprus is a Non Profit Organisation founded in August of 2012 by a group of persons willing to support the effort undertaken by the WWOOF movement.
It is run mostly on a voluntary basis.
It is member of the WWOOF European network and the WWOOF international network .
Its aims are:
- the acquaintance and promotion of organic and bio-dynamic farming in Cyprus;
- the exchange of know-how and experiences on voluntary base;
- intercultural exchanges;
- the promotion of hospitality and voluntary work in rural areas;
- the acquaintance with alternative lifestyles which have direct link with nature and art crafts;
- the creation of alternatives for city dwellers in order to give them the opportunity to get in touch with the nature;
- the revival of traditional farming techniques;
- the dissemination and conservation of traditional techniques of building, preparation of food (cheese, olives, pickles, sweets, etc.), local plants and seeds and hygiene products (soap, creams, perfume, cleaning products, etc.).